Thursday, November 09, 2006

Firefox trusts Google in Linux a lot?????

Most of you might have known the feature provided by Google. Using your id you can save your search and use other services offered by Google. I'll do it regularly. I am using a dual boot (FC5, XP) machine. I was logged into my Google account using Firefox on my linux. Without signing out, I closed my browser and rebooted to Windows. When I logged in to linux again and opened Firefox, I saw that im logged in to my Google account. I could not believe it. I tried it multiple times. It was happening repeatedly. But this does not happen in Windows.

Seems like the session information is serialized by firefox in linux and it is used subsequently. This happens only with Google and not with any other sites like Yahoo, Hotmail....

Can anybody explain why??

3 comments:

Rohith V said...

Oh ya. I have noticed this behaviour in different scenario. Firefox crashes. When you relaunch it, it pops-up a question if you want to restore your session. The if you say yes and if you had previously logged into you Google personalized search, it remembers your login and logs you in automatically. I think it serializes. Want to find out more. But is this is the case, I also want to know why they don't do the same on windows? Interesting...

Rajesh Prabhu. R said...

As said by rohith "carshing.. and restore session"... i am able to get all the tabs logged in... in windows xp, any sites....

Mani said...

This happens when firefox crashed. The scenario I had mentioned happened ALWAYS. Now, it seems like it is fixed.